Sunday 3 June 2012

Love Triangle?

Sunday evening. On the phone with Pragya. She was telling me about an old friend of mine, Darren. Darren and I were great friends when we were in 5th grade. We talked for hours and hours. We didn't hang out much, but when we did, it was memorable! He was my best friend. Then, the love bug came between us during the summer of 2009 and we started dating. When he asked me out, I replied 'no' because I didn't want to lose what we had. But then he sounded like he was ready and was up for it. So I said 'yes'. We dated for around 5 months. And those weren't the best 5 months of my life, honestly. We lost touch in between because of our exams and studies. Then, some of my friend frequently asked me about a girl named, Gigi. They said there was something going on between her and Darren. She was a childhood friend of his, but soon things seemed like they were more than friends. So I broke it off with him. Didn't have the guts to call, so I texted. And he NEVER texted back! Yeah, I was very down. And he was my first love. Time passed and I found another guy but he never loved me back.
    Me and Darren lost touch. We just wished each other on our birthdays and said we should meet up soon but it never happened. Then this year, our schools had planned an exchange program to France. So because of it, we were back in touch and during the 15 days in France we became really good pals again, nothing more than that. He became like a huge flirt and thus, he flirted around with almost every girl, and I was and still am in a relationship. A few things did get a bit flirty between us and my bf got pretty heated up. But I didn't feel anything for Darren, honestly. Things were kind of tense between me and my bf so I guess it just seemed a bit flirty between me and Darren. When somebody treats you like shit...and there's another person who treats you well, you'd definitely like the other person. But I didn't fall for him, he did. And that's what Pragya was telling me about. Me and all my friends recently met. And Darren asked Pragya a lot about me. He told her that he feels bad for not treating me well before and how lucky my bf is right now. He kind of wishes to have me back. But then there's hardly any chances, she said. And it''s true. I don't want to date guys like him anymore, and I love my bf a lot. Well, he hasn't called or texted the whole day. In fact, he hasn't been the one calling me for around 5 days! 

Me and Darren are planning to form a band. And we're getting to be better friends so I don't think I would want to make the same mistake again. Although he told Pragya that, what he did was when he was a stupid kid. I like taking risks, but at the moment, it's not going to lead me any where good. 

-Joy

1 comment:

  1. You can go wherever you want. In the end, you'll always come back to those who are really meant for you.

    ReplyDelete